Wednesday 15 June 2011

For sale one Xerox Phaser 7750DN and maybe a turtle.

My boss wanted to sell our old printer and let me write the ad, I will include the ebay link as soon as it's live. 

For sale by auction. One used Xerox Phaser 7750DN.

We’re a London based design agency and, therefore, have this sort of thing lying around the office collecting dust. It’s in pretty good condition, and by that I mean it looks fine. It needs a dust and it could use a clean too, but it is in one piece. We haven’t used it for a while as we upgraded to a much better printer with a built in photocopier and stuff. This one doesn’t have a photocopier, but don’t feel bad, photocopiers are over rated anyway. I mean, how often do you actually photocopy things anyway? See! Not that often.

As well as this fine printing machine you will get a range of toners that usually cost about £30 each, I think there are 12 so that should last you a while, even if you just want to sit at home printing pictures of cats all day. Which it would do really well, and with the right paper you could make the cats almost look real. Then you could put them in the windows of your office or flat and when people walked by they would think ‘Wow, that person has a lot of cats!’. That might be good for business.

I would like to see this printer go to a good home, maybe some new start up company that is going to invent a renewable energy source to power the planet which they will attribute to having such good printing facilities as a start-up. However, even if you just want to buy it to turn it into a novelty go-cart or giant piggy bank then that would be fine too. We don’t judge. We just want rid of it.

I must warn you though, tray 2 may need some attention, it’s a bit stiff and struggles to close or open properly at the moment. It may just be that I was trying to operate it without any power, or it may need oiling, or it could even be that a turtle has climbed inside of it and I was closing the tray onto the turtle. In case of the latter, we wouldn’t add any additional costs for the turtle and you could consider it a freebee.

This printer is for collection only and we are based in the SE1 area, the reason it is collection only is that it’s really heavy; and not the ‘I’ve been carrying this full basket around Tesco for ages and it’s getting heavy, I wish I’d picked up the watermelon last’ kind of heavy, but more like the ‘I’ve just tried to pick up a mini cooper and I’ve slipped a disc’ kind of heavy. Never fear though, we have some strong guys in the office that can load the printer into your car for you.

If you have any questions about the printer, other than if there is a turtle stuck in it, then please contact me and I will be happy to help. Also, it’s not that I want to keep it a secret from you about the possibility of getting a turtle, it’s just I was a little scared of opening the tray since turtles can give quite a nasty nip.

Below are some stats on the printer which is the technological equivalent of a personals ad. I copied this off the internet, since I have very limited knowledge of what is inside the printer, and if I were to try and find out then the printer probably wouldn’t work again. So it’s better for all parties if I just copy and paste this info. If you want then just google the reviews and specs yourself to ensure that I am not making any of it up.

Thanks and happy bidding!


Phaser 7750
Quick Facts  - Phaser 7750

  • Color: up to 35 ppm
  • Black: up to 35 ppm
  • Phaser 7750: 715 MHz PowerPC processor
  • Phaser EX7750: 2 GHz Intel Processor   
  • 1200 x 1200 dpi enhanced printing mode
  • First Page Out Time is less than 11 seconds
  • Maximum paper size: 12" x 18"
  • Maximum paper capacity of 3,150 sheets from as many as five separate trays
  • Finisher/stacker/stapler capable of handling up to 1,000 sheets
  • True Adobe Postscript 3™ and PCL emulation
  • Maximum duty cycle up to 150,000 pages per month
Competitive Edge  - Phaser 7750

  • Lower acquisition price compared to the HP 9500
  • High speed desktop color laser printer, 23% faster than the HP 9500
  • First print out time as fast as 11 seconds in color is faster than all other competitive products
  • Handles widest media weight ranges, feeding up to 220 gsm paper (255 gsm on EX7750)
  • Next generation Emulsion Aggregation (EA) Higher Gloss Toner is grown utilizing a patented process, resulting in better image quality and a uniform finish that's free from shiny spots or oil streaks
  • Xerox has the most experience with single pass printers in the industry, allowing us to optimize other features while the competition struggles to catch up

No comments:

Post a Comment