Thursday 19 May 2011

Rapture on the 21st May or not, whatever!

In case you didn't know, Radio evangelist Harold Camping has predicted that the end of the world is coming. Rapture is due on Saturday 21st May with the end of the world to follow in October. I really wanted to ask him about this. 

 
Hi Harold,

I was wondering if on Sunday morning when you wake up in your bed and open the drapes to find that you are looking out over the same mass of earth that is orbiting the Sun in an ever expanding universe, will you regret telling the world that the bible guarantees a rapture. I mean, you don't leave yourself much room to weasel out of this. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that you will manage it somehow and probably blame the calendars or something, or perhaps you will suggest that people just didn't have enough faith.

Also, why are you telling people? I mean, if it were me who knew that judgment day was coming and that Jesus was going to hand pick his 200 million then I would keep that to myself for several reasons:
  1. If it didn't happen I then wouldn't look like a massive douche
  2. It would stop people switching teams at the last minute (No one likes a glory supporter)
  3. If there was some maniac killer that was a little jealous that he wouldn't be chosen by Jesus then he may kill people that were.
Come to think of it, who came up with the figure 200 million? The population of the planet when Jesus last walked the earth last was less than 200 million. So are you basing this on a percentage or did Jesus predict the massive global increase in population brought about by the dawn of civilization which, in turn, lead to the demise of religion in many parts of the world?

I don't think Jesus could predict this any more than you can because Jesus never once mentions Cars, Space travel, ipads, the Beatles, Star Wars, Angelina Jolie, the Internet or anything cool. Nor does he doesn't say at the last supper "Hey, you know what guys, in 2000 years people will be eating in McDonalds". So, my theory is that if Jesus didn't mention some of the coolest things that were going to happen in the world then he probably didn't know about them.

Therefore I question your ability to predict them and would suggest you may feel a little embarrassed come the 22nd.

Thanks and speak next week



AJ

2 comments:

  1. Jesus would've been so hype if he had known about Big Macs.

    ReplyDelete