Thursday 7 April 2011

Dont mess with my buddy!

A friend of mine has recently been looking for somewhere to live in London, after finding a great place and paying a deposit the estate agent let her down with less than 24 hours to moving in date. Also, during the ordeal my friend was told the agent can't respond due to only having 75 text messages a month and that she needed to duck out of work to see her boyfriend off to the States. So, I penned a response to her.

Dear Anetta

Really? You’re telling me the day before I am meant to be moving in that the landlord does not want to sign the contract? How can you be so clueless? Was there nothing that made you think ‘I know I’ll chase him up better since I have two tenants wanting to move in soon’? You have been, without question, the most unhelpful, unprofessional agency I have ever dealt with. The way you have handled this is shocking. I will be forwarding this email on to your manager as well as the ombudsman for estate agents/ regulating body. The fact that you delayed our meetings and changed times so frequently was in it’s self suspicious and unprofessional but now I know why. You were simply stalling as you were, in fact, clueless as to what was going on. Wherever possible I will strive to let others know of the terrible service I have received from you personally and your agency, including writing reviews where possible and uploading my views and opinions of your service (or lack of) to forums aimed at people looking for estate agents, and trust me, people only ever read the negative reviews.

I want to also give you some advice which I think will hold you in good stead for any future career to choose upon, I would suggest that being an estate agent is simply not for you, however if you do end up in a sales role then the following excuses really are a sure fire way to lose business “I only get 75 text messages a month” and “I want to spend time with my boyfriend before he goes to the US”. Seriously, how many free minutes or texts you get is not an acceptable reason to not contact a potential customer, this is unprofessional and down right rude. Also, the USA is a very difficult country to get a working visa for therefore you will have had plenty of notice before he went. Plan your holiday around that departure date so you don’t have to say that you need to spend time with him, you can simple say you are on holiday. Then get someone to cover your customers/clients for you. I would never lead anyone on in the way you have only to drop them from a great height. Perhaps you should try and get a job in a supermarket or in a bar where people expectations are lower.

Lastly, if your professionalism is any gauge of your personality outside of work then I would suggest your boyfriend is having a whale of a time being free in the US and perhaps it’s best if you started looking elsewhere. I hear Match.com is a great place for meeting new people, however this would call upon 2 skills you really lack in which are the ability to communicate effectively and time keeping. So maybe you could just dress up nice and hang around in a Wetherspoons pub until a potential suiter gives you the attention you desire. I wouldn’t suggest anything more up market than a Wetherspoons though as, again, your communication skills will be called upon and I fear you would let yourself down. I do wish you the best of luck finding a new partner and hope that he is at least equal in density as yourself to ensure a long lasting relationship.


Thanks

 AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment